(855) 263-3525

Proposal to Narrow Liability for Joint Employers Passes in the House

WASHINGTON, DC — In early November, The United States House of Representatives passed a proposal that would undo the previous presidential administration’s definition of joint employer liability. The Proposal, named “The Save Local Business Act” was lead by Republican Brandley Byrne. As much turmoil continues between parties, this bill was met with much opposition from the Democratic Representatives. The Democrat’s argued the bill gave companies the ability to steal wages, fail to pay overtime, and break child labor laws.

The proposal will amend the National Labor Relations Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act and would change how companies are liable for labor violations. Under the new bill, a company is liable for a business partner’s labor law violations only when it has direct control of the partner’s workers. This controversial aspect has brought up concerns that companies can build “straw man” companies acting like subcontractors that have direct control of employees. if something were to go wrong, they could point blame at those companies avoiding penalties.

Can I file an FLSA lawsuit against my employer for unpaid overtime?

Yes, you may be able to file an FLSA lawsuit against your employer for unpaid overtime. FLSA lawsuits seek to hold employers accountable for failing to pay the required wages to their workers.  These claims seek payment of unpaid or underpaid wages, attorney’s fees, and litigation expenses.  Some cases may also force the payment of liquidated damages, which are money damages beyond just the receiving the back pay for unpaid wages.

If your employer owes you overtime wages for work performed, even dating several years back, our top-rated attorneys can file a claim for you to recover the unpaid wages that you are owed.  There are strict time deadlines for filing FLSA lawsuits, so it is essential that you contact an attorney immediately. If you wait, you may lose your ability to recover some or all of your back pay.

FLSA Overtime Lawsuits

Call (855) 754-2795 or complete the Free Unpaid Overtime Case Review form on the top right of this page if you believe that your wage rights are being violated under the FLSA. Our top-rated team of unpaid wage lawyers will evaluate your situation to determine your best course of action to help you seek justice.

Our office will also determine if it is in your best interest to file a lawsuit against your employer. Because strict time limitations apply for filing these types of claims, we advise you contact our experienced unpaid overtime wage attorneys at your earliest convenience and preserve your legal rights.

Text Now For Free Case Review