(855) 263-3525

Assistant Branch Managers at JPMorgan Chase Win Multi-Million Dollar Settlement

NEW YORK, NY — Even large companies such as JPMorgan Chase are susceptible to misclassifying employees leading to lawsuits. Assistant Branch Managers alleged just that, and have recently been awarded $16.7 million dollars in back pay. Of the roughly 5,400 employees, each member will receive $3,000 each for their claims that date back to 2012. JPMorgan Chase stated employees were getting a great deal seeing as many of the employees involved did not work overtime hours often. JPMorgan Chase also pointed out that branches are seldom open for more than 40 hours in a week, and that number is offset by breaks and lunches.

The FLSA requires that all non-exempt employees be paid at an overtime premium of one and one half their regular hourly rate for any hours worked over 40 in a single workweek.  Failure to comply with the Act carries penalties for back wages, attorney fees, and costs, and potentially liquidated (double) damages.

Nonetheless, JPMorgan Chase recognized the risks associated with litigating the case, particularly, whether they had misclassified the assistant branch managers as exempt, so they agreed to the settle the employees’ claims.

Can I file an FLSA lawsuit against my employer for unpaid overtime?

Yes, you may be able to file an FLSA lawsuit against your employer for unpaid overtime. FLSA lawsuits seek to hold employers accountable for failing to pay the required wages to their workers.  These claims seek payment of unpaid or underpaid wages, attorney’s fees, and litigation expenses.  Some cases may also force the payment of liquidated damages, which are money damages beyond just the receiving the back pay for unpaid wages.

If your employer owes you overtime wages for work performed, even dating several years back, our top rated attorneys can file a claim for you to recover the unpaid wages that you are owed.  There are strict time deadlines for filing FLSA lawsuits, so it is essential that you contact an attorney immediately. If you wait, you may lose your ability to recover some or all of your back pay.

FLSA Overtime Lawsuits

Call (855) 754-2795 or complete the Free Unpaid Overtime Case Review form on the top right of this page if you believe that your wage rights are being violated under the FLSA. Our top-rated team of unpaid wage lawyers will evaluate your situation to determine your best course of action to help you seek justice.

Our office will also determine if it is in your best interest to file a lawsuit against your employer. Because strict time limitations apply for filing these types of claims, we advise you contact our experienced unpaid overtime wage attorneys at your earliest convenience and preserve your legal rights.

Text Now For Free Case Review